Service Academy Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your 6th District Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Service Academy Nomination. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
How do I request a nomination packet?
- Rep. Grace Meng application form.
- Official transcripts from all the schools that you have attended since ninth grade. Transcripts must also include final grades from the Spring 2018 term.
- Official SAT (code: 2026) / ACT (code: 7549) score reports for all exams taken. You may also have your school guidance counselor verify your score reports on official school letterhead.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: At least one letter must be from a current or previous high school/college teacher. Recommendation letters from family members will not be accepted.
- One-Page Essay: Explain why you want to attend a service academy.
- One headshot photo