Service Academy Nominations
The application deadline for 2019 (Class of 2024) is November 1, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your 6th District Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Service Academy Nomination. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
How do I request a nomination packet?
To request a service academy nomination packet from my office, please email or call my Constituent Affairs Manager, Stancy Saji, at Stancy.Saji@Mail.House.Gov or (718) 358-6364.
Applications must be completed and received by my Flushing district office by Friday, November 1, 2019.
To be considered for a nomination, candidates must submit the following materials by November 1st:
- Requested application form.
- Official transcripts from all the schools that you have attended since ninth grade. Transcripts must also include final grades from the Spring 2018 term.
- Official SAT (code: 2026) / ACT (code: 7549) score reports for all exams taken.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: At least one letter must be from a current or previous high school/college teacher. Recommendation letters from family members will not be accepted.
- One-Page Essay: Explain why you want to attend a service academy.
- One headshot photo.
Service Academy Day 2019
This event provides interested high school students and parents the opportunity to learn more about the nomination process and meet representatives from our nation's military service academies.
- Location: Forest Hills High School - 67-01 110th St, Forest Hills, NY 11375
- Date: Sunday, October 6th
- Time: 2pm – 4pm
- Please RSVP to Stancy.Saji@Mail.House.Gov by Thursday, October 3rd with your attendance.