Help During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Congresswoman Meng secured a provision in the first coronavirus relief package that enables small businesses to access the Small Business Administration’s disaster relief loans. These loans of up to $2 million can help overcome the temporary loss of revenue because of COVID-19. Those that receive a loan can use the funds to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, or other bills that cannot be paid because of the COVID-19 outbreak.
I have compiled this guide on the SBA Injury Disaster Loans for your reference.
Once a borrower submits an application, approval timelines depend on volume. Typical timeline for approval is 2-3 weeks and disbursement can take up to 5 days. Borrowers are assigned individual loan officers for servicing of the loan.
Before you submit an application to SBA for disaster assistance, we strongly encourage you to contact a representative from a Small Business Development Center to ensure the application and required materials are in order.
For businesses located in Queens, please email:
Businesses can apply for disaster assistance at: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
For additional information on SBA disaster loans for New York, click here.
Applicants should contact the SBA Disaster Assistance customer service center by calling 1-800-659-2955 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require immediate assistance from Congresswoman Meng’s office, can call 718-358-MENG or email at NY06casework@mail.house.gov.
The following information is for businesses, especially small businesses. Please contact our office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
Click here to learn about resources available for small business owners and prospective owners.
- Browse small business assistance resources on BusinessUSA, by state
- IRS Tax information for Small Businesses and the Self-Employed
- Business Opportunities with the Federal Government
- Consumer Protection
- Grants and Federal Domestic Assistance
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Information
- U.S. Government export portal
- U.S. Government Central Contractor Registration
- Contact My Office
- Additional Resources - including disaster preparedness, identity theft, and unclaimed property